Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mucha Stained Glass Windows

Last week,I took a day and did something that I've wanted to do for a long time: a solo Urban Hike in Chicago!So,I took the train down,and spent the day walking,being a tourist!I walked almost 10 miles...as you'll see from later pix,it was a glorious day in Chicago,about 80o and not a cloud.A highlight was Navy Pier,where I not only saw the Tall Ships,but found an amazing small stained glass museum.Imagine my delight when I came across these Mucha windows!He is my favorite artist by far!He lived for a short time in Chicago,and these were made for his house.They are from the Four Seasons series....gorgeous!

         
  •                      

1 comment:

  1. hello Sue,

    Mucha is also one of my favorite artists ! i'm really fond of art nouveau and tried to incorporate it in my own style in my old house.

    greetings from Belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete