Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Egypt XII

Now on the Nile river,we took a little boat like this to go for a visit to a Nubian village

huge rocks on the river banks...

derelict boats everywhere...

lots of fishermen...

and ginormous Pampas grass!

Our official "greeter"/vendors...VERY tenacious!!

This is Zarah...after following me for 4 blocks(both ways),she finally wore me down!The look on her face when I actually bought one of her cheap dolls was ...priceless!

Note the croc head over the doorway of the Nubian home we visited...

their ceiling...

we were offered mint tea by this gentleman,but...

after I saw the kitchen,I decided to pass!

Their daughter was selling spices in a back room...

...they had pet crocs for good luck...

and...a piranha?!?!?!?

Beautiful tilework in their living room...

Views from the rooftop...

naptime...

camels walking through village...

"hey lady!Come see my shop!"

The mother's wardrobe!!!:<:<:<

See Zarah's stunned look?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment