Wednesday, November 14, 2012

San Miguel Field Trip

    One day we went on a wonderful field trip to several places.first up was an incredible folk art gallery out in the middle of nowhere,called Galeria Atotonilco.It was on a beautiful piece of property,and several buildings were just chock full of  colorful artwork.


                I would have taken her home if I could have afforded her.





This is by far the SCARIEST mask that I have ever seen! BOOGA BOOGA!!!I cannot even imagine having this hanging on my wall. I have inherited my fascination of masks from my Mom...but this one was over the top scary!


                              All done with beads!!!

                       Another nightmare causing mask!








                                And yet another!

















My next home will have this






Some of us decided to walk a couple of miles through the property,and on the country road,to our next destination.....




...the beautiful church,which is now a Unesco Heritage Site


                              Straw crowns of thorns
                                 Straw whips

                        Katherine is liking this road trip!

1 comment: